Position: Marketer & Writer
We’re looking for a marketer and writer for Maverick Lead Generation.
What is Maverick Lead Generation?
We give small companies the inside edge by providing critical information that allows them to secure more business.
Ok, that sounds cool, but it’s pretty vague. Let’s try an example. Let’s make it a challenging example.
Imagine you run a company that sells products and services that nobody ever wants, and most days, most people don’t need. A plumbing company, for example. Plumbers have it tough, because they can’t create demand. All they can do is wait for someone to need them. But it gets tougher, because every plumber has a lot of competition. This means the odds that your plumbing company will get noticed and selected by someone who needs the services you provide is small.
You can spend lots of money on marketing, but on the one day in a thousand that a consumer actually needs your services, there’s nothing you can do to encourage that consumer to call you. All you can do is stare at the phone and hope it rings.
Using our proprietary system based on technology developed by Google, Apple and the other tech giants, Maverick can tell your company every single day who’s searching your competitors’ websites and your website, right now. Maverick provides their names, what their needs are (for example, water heater repair), and how to contact them.
What does Maverick do with this information? They create online ads and emails that are written and designed just for your company. They place these ads and send these emails every day to all those people in your company’s entire market area searching right now for the services you provide, telling them why they should choose yourcompany.
It’s cutting edge and insanely effective. All of Maverick’s clients are earning double digit ROIs. Why? Relevancy. They’re marketing to the right people with the right message at the right moment in time.
What do we need from you?
- A writer. Someone who can write display and Facebook ads, landing pages, emails, client correspondence, and so on.
- A marketer. Someone who can learn our clients’ industries and come up with creative ideas and solutions to problems.
- Tough love. Someone who can tactfully and professionally push back when our clients are off base.
- A presenter. Someone who can present results, answer questions, and not let clients spin off in wrong directions.
- A people person. Someone who can bond with clients. They need to like and trust you.
Some keys to success
- Work quickly. We’re in a service business; our clients have been conditioned to expect us to jump through hoops.
- A people pleaser. We try to say “yes” whenever possible.
- Able to deliver tough love. Sometimes “yes” isn’t in a client’s best interest.
- An understanding of both Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer marketing.
- A good writer. You need to have a good command of grammar, punctuation, etc.
- A clear speaker. Sometimes you need to take complex ideas and subjects and make them simple.
Here’s what we’re going to do for you
- This is a contract position
- Work from home every day. Zoom will be your best friend.
- You set your own schedule
- Generous compensation package
What do we need from you in addition to a great attitude and a willingness to learn
- Work quickly and decisively
- Be confident and authoritative
- Be upbeat and enthusiastic
- Be a problem solver
Qualifications and skills
- Passion for customer service
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through
- Highly motivated self-starter who’s flexible and has a great attitude on life
Education and Experience
- Writing experience
- 5+ years in marketing
- College degree preferred